We matched here at Case. I wished that I could say that Brian and I are happy, but we can't. We are very grateful that the Pediatric Director kept his word and gave Brian back his position. We are grateful that Brian will be a pediatric dentist and all of the perks that go along with it. The reason why we aren't happy is because Brian had an interview in Salt Lake. We didn't tell anyone about it because of all the drama at Case we didn't want to upset the balance. Brian and I both really wanted a fresh start and be closer to our families. It was really hard this last summer when our class graduated and moved on. I (I can't say for Brian) felt left behind and very lonely. Having the hope to move to Salt Lake has been keeping Brian and I going. We both had a really good feeling about SL. When Brian was forced out of the program last year and was asked to do the AEGD we asked ourselves why did we need to do an extra year. Having the option to move to SL seemed like an answer. We did the AEGD so that we could change directions and leave Cleveland sooner, so when the email came this morning we were a little upset. I think it will take a while to get use to the idea of staying here. Let me just say I don't hate Cleveland, I just miss my family. So for all those other families that are staying here call me, we'll rally together and weather Cleveland together.
6 years ago
8 comments:
I totally understand what you are saying....and i can imagine it must have been hard watching all your friends that you started with, leave. And then more are leaving this summer! We need to hang out more! Do you go to craft night or book club?
That is hard news to get especially in a week when the weather is so yucky and we are seeing the worst of Cleveland. We are happy to keep you though. How long is the program?
Sorry to hear that Alison. I know what you mean with wanting a fresh start and being left behind. I think it would be harder staying there period because you have to watch people leave every year. Although, a little look on the brighter side......new people are coming every year AND, Brian's situation could have been worse, he could have scrambled.
congrats! I'm very happy you are staying :)
Hey, it's been awhile since I checked up on your little family. On the other hand, you are so lucky to have so many people are around you in the same situation. I have struggled a bit transitioning from having tons of people around in the same situation as me and now it's just me and the kids, and it can get lonely. Kind of bittersweet, but congrats nonetheless.
We miss you guys and everyone else a lot also. I know what you mean about the fresh start. Brian applied to the pedo program in SLC? Obviously he didn't match? You guys are welcome to visit us anytime, we are always up for visitors!
That does sound frustrating... To a much lesser degree, Jonathan's boss has done something similar. He told us last fall that he wouldn't pay Jonathan after March, but this week he told Jonathan he'd pay him for as long as it took him to write and publish a paper. Huh? Now we don't know when we are leaving! It's not the same emotional roller coaster, but I feel for you!
We'll keep you as long as we can! Isn't it about time for another freezing cold run to Mitchell's??
Post a Comment