Saturday, October 17, 2009

Apple Picking





My Favorite thing to do in Cleveland is apple picking. The weather is usually beautiful in October (accept for this year). It is nice to drive out of the city and roam around an apple orchard. I would love to own a small orchard some day. I really enjoy all that the city has to offer and always need to be close to a large metropolitan area, but I would love to live on a little land lined with fruit trees. During the summer before 5th grade started my family moved from Chicago to my Uncle's farm. He had two houses in the middle of his orange and nectarine orchards. I loved it. There is something so romantic about orchards, horses and open sky. I think I watched Ann of Green Gables too many times, I don't know. We lived there for only one summer, but I have been searching for that same feeling of being on the farm ever since. Going apple picking gives me just a little taste of what I have been looking for.

No comments: