Monday, October 25, 2010

Fun Fall Weekend

Last weekend the weather was beautiful. Cleveland only gives a few great fall days a year so I knew we needed to jump on it. Brian came home early and we headed off. Picked up Wesley from school and enjoyed the drive out into the country. The fall leaves were in full explosion of colors. Purply reds, burnt oranges, and green tinted yellow leaves filled our view. It started to rain for a few minutes as we were driving. The droplets knocked the leaves off the trees to float down upon us, like snow. We went to Patterson's farm first to have donuts and kettle corn. Brian and I tried to take pictures of the boys in the pumpkin patch, but they weren't cooperating. I was hoping all the yummy treats we feed them would have helped put them in a good mood, but no such luck! Here are only a few good pictures we got.




After that we went apple picking at Eddy's Fruit Farm. I love, Love, LOVE being out there! I would really like to have an orchard and a farm house. Living out in the beauty of the country is incredibly appealing to me. Anyway, we picked apples and headed home. At home Brian and Wesley set up the tent in the backyard. We stoked up a bon fire, that was a little out of control, and tried to roast marshmallows for smores amongst the roaring flames. The boys watched a movie in the tent and then went to sleep. I slept in the house in my own bed. I don't camp! I'm disappointed, but I didn't get any pictures of the boys in the tent. By the time the tent got up, it was dark and then they came in the house before I was awake, again still dark. They had a good time though. The next day we went on a picnic at Squire's Castle in North Chagrin Reservation. We took Chloe with us and she did pretty well. Behind the castle is a short hike. It was beautiful! Everyone had a good time. It was a fun fall weekend!


2 comments:

H.Cook said...

you have the cutest boys!!

Jenkins Family said...

We miss the fall in Ohio! Make a yummy apple something and think of me ;)