Monday, February 9, 2009

Keegan's Birthday

For Keegan's second birthday we had a Balloon and Bubble party. For the balloon part of the party Brian and I blew up 70 balloons. I moved out the dining room furniture and blocked off the room, then put in the balloons. It was like a ball pit, but with balloon. We called it the balloon room. Keegan was so tickled! He kept screaming "Balloooon, Balloooon!" and running around. It was awesome! Keegan was so enthralled with it that he had no interest in his cake or presents. We had to force him to sit with his cake so I could take a picture. I was a little disappointed that he wasn't into his cake, but happy that he loved his balloon room so much. The next day when we tried to put the furniture back in Keegan had a fit. We still have balloons all over the house.



Keegan loves bubbles and balloons so much. I made a bubble cake, which I thought was pretty fantastic. It was my first time working with fondant and it went pretty well.I think that it was a great birthday.

8 comments:

brosenthorn said...

watching those was great for joey and me. they are beautiful!!!. the cake is totally cool.

brosenthorn said...

allison!!! it is wonderful. they look beautiful. that most have been a great day. that cake is so cool.joey loved bubbles to at that age. does keegan love baths to?

Ashlee and Shane said...

awesome! I love the cake you made!! It looks very cool! :)

H.Cook said...

wow, you have amazed me yet again! You are so brave for trying fondant!

Lauren said...

That cake is too cute!! You are so creative!

HeatherC said...

love the cake! bubbles is a cute theme - this reminds me I was considering that for Alex's 1st bday (in June! ha ha) maybe I'll hire you to make our cake...

Ashley said...

Really cute Ali! I love you creativity, you always come up with cool ideas. I too might have to steal some of them for Teagans birthday. It was great to chat today. I sure miss you and wish you were closer...maybe someday! Love ya

Dave and Loralee said...

the cake turned out AWESOME! You're so creative!!!