Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birthday and Baptism


Wesley turned eight in March. Wesley has been looking forward to turning eight for a long time. Turning eight in the LDS culture is a big milestone. It sort of means you are grown up enough to choose for yourself. Wesley is really into Pokemon so I (and my brother Joe) make a Pokeball cake. Wesley loved it. The next day was Wesley's baptism. Brian's parents, my parent's and brother and sister flew in just for the occasion. I wanted the ceremony to be special for Wesley so it was geared towards him. It was very low key, friends came, and we had yummy snacks afterwards. Wesley really felt good about his choice to get baptised. Brian and I are very proud of him.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey, I have a blog now. It's just so that people can see my photography if they're curious. It's kathrynphillips.blogspot.com.

Sarah Buma said...

We are proud of you Wesley for making such a righteous decision! You look so grown up! We miss you guys too!