I know that this post is months overdue, but what can I say, better late than never. In March Brian has time off scheduled for the adoption, but two weeks before she was to be born the birth mother pulled out. With broken hearts and vacation time Brian felt like we needed a real vacation to cheer us up. His idea was Disney World. Mine was the beach. Disney World won with the promise to visit the beach one day while we were in Florida. My parents we so sad that we weren't coming to Utah anymore so the came with us for the first few days. We visited Universal Studios and saw "Blue Man Group." What a great show!
The day that we were going to go to the beach it rained and was cold, in fact it was cold the whole time we were there. I kept asking Brian to buy me a souvenir T-shirt that said "I went to Florida and Froze." His response every time was, "Honey, I don't think they make those." They should have, I froze. I had to buy a coat! I wanted to feel the suns rays on my skin after months of Cleveland's dreary weather, but no. If you note all the following pictures have me in the same clothes even though the pictures we taken on different days. Needless to say I didn't pack many winter clothes for my vacation to Florida, who does?
Even though it was chilly we had a great time. Wesley was determined to get as many autographs a possible. We ran all over chasing down Donald Duck to get his John Hancock. I think Wesley ended up with 32 autographs. Wes rode his first upside down roller coaster and loved it. Truly his father's son. It was priceless to see Keegan's face light up when he met Buzz Lightyear and Woody. We took so many pictures of him when we pulled out the camera he knew to look at us, hold still and smile. The trip was Brian's favorite to date. It was truly a memorable trip. Exhausting, but memorable.
6 years ago
3 comments:
What a fun trip! I bet the boys were in heaven. Did you ever get to enjoy the beach, or does Brian owe you another trip? :)
I love that you're all bundled up in a scarf and the boys are wearing shorts. If California is cold we're going to have to get you a wetsuit so that you can still enjoy the beach. That or one of those stripey olden day swim suits with long shorts. HA, we should do that anyway! How hilarious would that be?
How fun!! Disney World is a place I have always wanted to go. Maybe someday.
Post a Comment