Life is what it is. I keep failing at something that I have been working toward for two years. This last attempt will put me at failure number three :( I always ask "Why?" and feel angery at first. I never find out why something happens because life is what it is. We have free agency to choose, to make life what we want. The Lord can only help us so far and then we need to ultamitly choose what direction we want to take in the end. He can not hold our hand all the way. So, today I choose to be happy! This last failure has helped me realize what I have. I have been trying so hard to get something that I haven't obtained and maybe never will (could I be more vauge here?) With that I have a new perspective on what I have. I have two great boys and a husband who adores me more than I deserve. The sun is still shining outside, I can hear music and my son's laughter, see my pink roses outside my front window, and I am healthier than I have ever been in my life. I am tired of feeling like I am missing something. I'M NOT! I have more than I deserve and am grateful.
6 years ago
6 comments:
good attitude alison! :)That's the way to look at life! glad you are doing good. :)
Ali, you're the greatest and that picture is adorable. Way to look at the positive. I wish more people could have that kind of attitude (namely me, haha)
I thought your blog was private. I was so excited to see it pop up on shane and ashley's sidebar! Glad I could see a glimpse into your cute family again. Just wanted to say that I think you are amazing! thanks for sharing your positive attitude. you deserve everything you have and more. maybe that "more" just isn't what you thought it was supposed to be. miss you guys!
Your strength and resiliency is inspiring! Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it made my day. I love your new family picture!
You are amazing Ali! I have always admired your attitude towards the trials you have had to face. I love you
If only we could all have that attitude about life.
Post a Comment